23rd Annual Walk for Dignity • Sunday, April 24, 2022
Online AND in person!
For the first time since 2019, the Walk for Dignity – and the Time for Remembrance memorial service – will be held in the beautiful surroundings of Willow Creek Park. We also learned during COVID that there are many who want to participate in the Walk who aren’t ready for crowds or are far away from Iowa City, so we’ll be livestreaming the event as well! We can’t wait for you to join us, either outside or online!
In May of 2021, Iowa City Hospice became officially affiliated with the Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County. Between us, we have more than 100 years of experience in bringing compassionate care home! And we also had two walk events. The VNA’s Walk for Wellness has now been combined into the Walk for Dignity.
Participation is free, but donations are welcome, and we have prizes for different levels of giving, including tie-dye t-shirts! All donations directly benefit Iowa City Hospice and VNA of Johnson County, both 501(c)3 charity organizations.
We encourage involvement of both individuals and teams! This is a great event to share with friends, co-workers, and loved ones. Thousands of people in our seven-county service area have been impacted by hospice and home health care, and chances are you know quite a few of them.
As nonprofit organizations, Iowa City Hospice and VNA use your gifts and donations to continue our vital services, and secure a sustainable future for compassionate in-home care. Our headquarters is in the heart of our service area and all decisions are locally made. Our revenue returns to the community through patient care, staff support, and enhanced services.
There are so many ways to participate!
- Volunteer! We need your help, and you’ll get a t-shirt!
- Form a team (teams may create their own t-shirt – download our logo below!)
- Set up an online giving/fundraising page (team or individual)
- Collect donations online or use our printable donation form (or do both)
- Download an “I Walk in Memory of…” printable tribute sign
- Download an Iowa City Hospice logo for your team shirt, website or social media
- Shop for Iowa City Hospice logo clothing and gifts at Café Press (we get $2 per item!)
- Learn more about Iowa City Hospice and VNA of Johnson County
- Follow us on Facebook for timely updates
Collect $150 in donations and receive an Iowa City Hospice t-shirt! See the donation form for additional incentives.
Walk for Dignity 2022 Lead Sponsors
– More coming soon!
A heartfelt thank you to our generous sponsors, who make this event possible:
- Hills Bank and Trust Company – $10000
- Larry & Cathy Pacha – $6000
- Dan Ciha & Colette Soults – Gay & Ciha Funeral and Cremation Services – $5000
- River Products Company, Inc – $5000