All are invited to join us at our 19th Annual Walk for Dignity on Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 1 pm at Willow Creek Park in Iowa City.
- Donation drop-off starts at 11 am
- Time of Remembrance starts at 12 pm
- Fun activities also begin at noon
- Walk begins at 1 pm
This year, we will again be remembering your loved ones and the loved ones of all who walk. This time of remembering will occur at 12:00 pm by the Memorial Wreath. Please arrive early to tie a ribbon on the wreath and write the name of your loved one. These names will be read during a short ceremony.
For more details, information, or to get involved, please email or call Judy Frits at 319-688-4213 or 800-897-3052, or use any of the following resources:
- Form a team (teams may create their own t-shirt, our logo is available for use)
- Set up an online giving/fundraising page (team or individual)
- Collect donations online or use our printable donation form (or do both)
- View the Walk for Dignity routes, one or three mile
- Download an “I Walk in Memory of…” printable tribute sign
- See our top team and individual fundraisers from the 2017 Walk
- Click here to see photos of the 2017 Walk fun
- Learn more about Iowa City Hospice
- Follow us on Facebook for timely updates
Collect $150 in donations and receive an Iowa City Hospice t-shirt!
Meet our 2018 Honorary Family, The Walker–Bryant Family!
The Walker-Bryant clan has roots that go wide and deep in the Tiffin-Oxford area. Likewise, the family’s connection with Iowa City Hospice goes wide and deep, and Debbie Bryant feels that connection strongly. Her father, her husband, and her father-in-law all received support from Iowa City Hospice at critical times in recent years.
“When you turn to hospice, you are choosing quality of life,” adds Debbie.
In turn, family members have been generous in their support of Iowa City Hospice. In particular, Debbie’s parents, Ivan and Nona Walker, made a donation of over $12,000 in 2016, after Ivan received hospice care for an acute medical issue and recovered.
“We had heard of all the good they’ve done,” Nona says of Iowa City Hospice. “We made that gift so that Hospice can carry on for someone else.”
“There’s so much pressure on a family [when a loved one is dying],” says Debbie’s sister-in-law JoAnne Downes. “Iowa City Hospice brings new help and a new understanding to everyone. They’re just super. It’s a gift.”
As the 2018 Honorary Walk for Dignity Family, the Walker-Bryant family name will be inscribed on the Iowa City Hospice Tribute Wall, down at Willow Creek Park in Iowa City, along with those of 17 past Honorary Walk families.
Learn more about the family when they are featured in Iowa City Hospice’s 2018 Annual Report.
The Walk for Dignity is a community event that gives friends and families an opportunity to celebrate life and honor the memories of their loved ones, while showing support for Iowa City Hospice. The best part is that funds raised support our compassionate patient care.
We invite you to join us by walking individually or forming a team. We know that everyone walking with us has been touched in some way by hospice care, whether in our seven-county service area or another community.
Walk for Dignity 2018 Sponsors
A heartfelt thank you to our generous sponsors, who make this event possible:
- Dan & Colette Ciha – Gay & Ciha Funeral and Cremation Services – $5000
- Hills Bank and Trust Company – $5000
- Larry and Cathy Pacha – $5000
- Ted Pacha Family – $5000
- River Products Company, Inc – $5000
- Twinkle Co – $5000
- CarePro Home Medical – $1000
- Caring Hands & More – $1000
- Casey’s General Stores Inc – $1000
- Lensing Funeral & Cremation Service – $1000
- Mercy Iowa City – $1000
- Mary and Jim Pratt – $1000
- Town Square Family Foot Care – $1000
- Towncrest Pharmacy – Iowa City & Solon – $1000
- University of Iowa Community Credit Union – $1000
- University of Iowa Health Care – $1000
- Brown Deer Place – $750
- ACT – $500
- AW Welt Ambrisco Insurance – $500
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Professionals – $500
- MidwestOne Bank – $500
- Randy and Lora Miller – $500
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort – $500
- Rohrbach Associates PC – $500
- Two Rivers Bank & Trust – $500
- U.S. Bank – $500
- Southgate Companies – $250
- Scheels – $200