All are invited to join us at our 19th Annual Walk for Dignity on Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 1 pm at Willow Creek Park in Iowa City.
- Donation drop-off starts at 11 am
- Time of Remembrance starts at 12 pm
- Fun activities also begin at noon
- Walk begins at 1 pm
This year, we will again be remembering your loved ones and the loved ones of all who walk. This time of remembering will occur at 12:00 pm by the Memorial Wreath. Please arrive early to tie a ribbon on the wreath and write the name of your loved one. These names will be read during a short ceremony.
For more details, information, or to get involved, please email or call Judy Frits at 319-688-4213 or 800-897-3052, or use any of the following resources:
- Form a team (teams may create their own t-shirt, our logo is available for use)
- Set up an online giving/fundraising page (team or individual)
- Collect donations online or use our printable donation form (or do both)
- View the Walk for Dignity routes, one or three mile
- Download an “I Walk in Memory of…” printable tribute sign
- See our top team and individual fundraisers from the 2017 Walk
- Click here to see photos of the 2017 Walk fun
- Learn more about Iowa City Hospice
- Follow us on Facebook for timely updates
Collect $150 in donations and receive an Iowa City Hospice t-shirt!
Meet our 2018 Honorary Family, The Walker–Bryant Family!
Check back again soon for more information about our 2018 Honorary Family!
The Walk for Dignity is a community event that gives friends and families an opportunity to celebrate life and honor the memories of their loved ones, while showing support for Iowa City Hospice. The best part is that funds raised support our compassionate patient care.
We invite you to join us by walking individually or forming a team. We know that everyone walking with us has been touched in some way by hospice care, whether in our seven-county service area or another community.
Walk for Dignity 2018 Sponsors
A heartfelt thank you to our generous sponsors, who make this event possible:
- Dan & Colette Ciha – Gay & Ciha Funeral and Cremation Services – $5000
- Hills Bank and Trust Company – $5000
- Larry and Cathy Pacha – $5000
- Ted Pacha Family – $5000
- Twinkle Co – $5000
- River Products Company, Inc – $5000
- CarePro Home Medical – $1000
- Caring Hands & More – $1000
- Casey’s General Stores Inc – $1000
- Lensing Funeral & Cremation Service – $1000
- Mercy Iowa City – $1000
- Mary and Jim Pratt – $1000
- Town Square Family Foot Care – $1000
- Towncrest Pharmacy – Iowa City & Solon – $1000
- University of Iowa Community Credit Union – $1000
- University of Iowa Health Care – $1000
- AW Welt Ambrisco Insurance – $500
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Professionals – $500
- MidwestOne Bank – $500
- Randy and Lora Miller – $500
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort – $500
- Rohrbach Associates PC – $500
- Two Rivers Bank & Trust – $500
- Southgate Companies – $250
- Scheels – $200