Karla Kamal, RN, BSN, is the Executive Director of Iowa City Hospice. Karla has more than 30 years of clinical and management experience as a nurse in acute and community care.
She works with the Iowa City Hospice Board of Directors to create and implement plans, manage day-to-day clinical and business operations, and assure the quality of care that is provided by Iowa City Hospice.
Board of Directors and Affiliations
- Todd Means, Chair – Vice President, MidwestOne Bank
- Josh Brewster, Past Chair – Director, Social, Patient & Family Services,
U of I Hospitals and Clinics
- Dean Carrington, Treasurer – Attorney, Phelan, Tucker, Mullen, Walker, Tucker & Gelman
- Melissa Carrington, Secretary – Attorney, Bradley and Riley, PC
- LeAnn Tatman, Chair-Elect – Director of Inpatient Nursing, Mercy Hospital Iowa City
- Arleen Clark-Cain – RN, Mercy Hospital
- Boyd Crosby – Owner, Boyd Crosby Construction
- Eli Wynes – Wealth Advisor, U of I Community Credit Union
- Ben Russell – Commercial Banking Officer, Hills Bank and Trust
- Mahmooda Ahmad – Iowa City Community Member
- Teresa Weiner – Iowa City Hospice Supporter
- Dr. Stephen Scheckel – Medical Director, Mercy Hospital Iowa City