22nd Annual Glenn Roberts Elks/Iowa City Hospice Golf Classic to Raise Funds for Patient Care
When: Monday, August 7, 2017; Shotgun starts at 8:00 AM or 1:30 PM.
Where: Elks Lodge #590, 637 Foster Road, Iowa City, IA
Cost: $75 per person, includes
- 18 holes of golf, four person, best-shot format
- Golf cart
- Refreshments including a catered lunch
- Eligibility for numerous prizes, drawings, and contests
Click HERE to print the registration form or you may REGISTER ONLINE. Foursomes are encouraged. Registration limited to 15 teams each for the morning and afternoon sessions. For more information contact Judy Frits at 319-688-4213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses may SPONSOR a course hole, or individuals may designate a memoriam/honorarium, each for $100. A sign will be placed by tee boxes throughout the course, and you will receive recognition in the program and on our website. We also have other options for sponsorships this year, with opportunities for press about your business at our highest level of sponsorship.
The Annual Glenn Roberts Elks/Iowa City Hospice Golf Classic was started in 1995 by Elks members Glenn Roberts, Gus Kennedy, and Web Cramer as a way to help support Iowa City Hospice. Funds raised from this event help ensure that everyone in our community who needs quality end of life care and grief support services will receive it, without regard for ability to pay. With much appreciation and gratitude to our participants and sponsors, over $14,000 was raised at last year’s golf classic. With your help, Iowa City Hospice provided 1,093 days of community supported care in 2016!
The Golf Classic is part of the commitment of the Benevolent Protective Order of the Elks to support their community. Glenn, Gus, and Web had all experienced the care and support of Iowa City Hospice, convincing them to support this compassionate and high quality service. In 2002 the event was renamed the Glenn Roberts Elks/Iowa City Hospice Golf Classic to sustain the event for a cause so important to Glenn.
A BIG THANK YOU to our generous sponsors, who made this event possible:
- Elks Lodge #590
- Golf USA-Coralville
- Herteen & Stocker Jewelers
- Yotty’s Golf Cars
- Hy-Vee-First Ave/North Dodge
- UICCU Wealth Management
- Brown Deer Place Retirement Living & Memory Care
- Gay & Ciha Funeral and Cremation Service
- King’s Auto Repair/Nick Aupperle — In Memory of Jack & Lou Canney
- In Memory of Jerry Price – your golf partner, Bud Summers
- AMT Advanced Medical Transport
- Karla & Gagan Kamal
- Richard “Dick” & Doris Myers
- Town Square Family Foot Care
- Velvet Coat
- Aero Rental and Party Shoppe
- In Memory of Donald Broome
- In Memory of Jimmy “JJ” Burkhart
- Concha Audiology
- Fireplaces by Brandt Heating
- Hawkeye Carpet & Vinyl Inc.
- In Memory of Jim Higgins
- Hills Bank and Trust Company
- Hilltop Tavern, Ltd.
- Hodge Construction Company
- Iowa Pediatric Dental Center
- In Memory of Roy “Chub” Law
- Martin Health Care Pharmacy
- The Messier Group/Mike Messier
- Larry & Cathy Pacha Family
- In Memory of Ken & Kent Pickens
- In Memory of Harvey Poepsel
- Pyramid Services, Inc
- Red Barn Market Antiques
- Rindy Tree & Turf Care
- Bill & Shirley Roberts
- In Memory of Charlotte Silkebaken
- In Memory of Jack & Jackie Sullivan
- TITLE Boxing Club
- U of I Community HomeCare