Iowa City Hospice’s exceptional care is reflected in everything we do. In addition to the thousands of calls, letters and emails we receive from grateful individuals, we regularly survey our families and healthcare professionals to assess our effectiveness.
A few figures from recent surveys…
- Pain Relief: Iowa City Hospice care teams are experts at pain control – 100% of families report the right amount of medication was provided to patients to relieve their pain.
- Quality of Care: 95% of families rate Iowa City Hospice’s overall care as Excellent or Very Good. And Iowa City Hospice’s staff are committed experts in end-of-life care.
- Staff Expertise: 100% of eligible Iowa City Hospice staff are certified in hospice and palliative care, compared to a national average of 20%.
- Longevity: Iowa City Hospice has been adding life to each day for over 30 years.
- Community: Founded and sustained by volunteers, Iowa City Hospice has remained a community based not-for-profit hospice provider for 30+ years, providing care to all without regard for ability to pay.
- Care To All: Together with caregivers, Iowa City Hospice’s skilled staff, committed volunteers and community supporters add life to each day for those at the end of life, including 1,300 days of charity care in 2014.
Iowa City Hospice’s Mission: Our mission is to be the leaders in providing exceptional patient-centered palliative care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
Iowa City Hospice’s Principle of Practice: As a community-oriented, not-for-profit organization, Iowa City Hospice is dedicated to offering services to everyone regardless of an individual’s ability to pay.
Our Service Area
Our seven-county service area:
- Johnson County
- Iowa County
- Linn County
- Cedar County
- Muscatine County
- Louisa County
- Washington County
Where Care Can Be Provided:
Iowa City Hospice provides care to individuals within our seven-county service area. Our staff goes wherever the patient is, whether that is a house, a nursing home, an assisted living facility or a hospital.
Where We’re Located:
1025 Wade Street, Iowa City, IA 52240
Iowa City Hospice is a proud member of the following organizations:
Iowa Principles and Practices for Charitable Nonprofit Excellence